BlackTrace – Electric heating controller for ATEX environments
BlackTrace is an intelligent electric heating controller intended particularly for electric heating applications in explosive atmospheres.
The product is certified for explosive environments.
It can be used to control a single heating circuit up to 50A. Versatile adjustment algorithms, traffic features and a programmable I/O ensure that BlackTrace is suitable for challenging conditions. The durable enclosure and easy connections are perfect for demanding industrial conditions.
The BlackTrace devices comply with the following standards
- EN 60079-0:2012/A11:2013 (=IEC 60079-0:2011)
- EN 60079-15:2010 (=IEC 60079-15:2010)
- EN 60079-31:2014 (=IEC 60079-31:2013)
- (certification pending)
- II 3G Ex nA IIC T4 Gc
- II 3D Ex tc IIIC T120°C Dc
Benefits of BlackTrace
- Connect and use – easy and fast implementation
- You can use the best and most affordable heating cables on the market
- Expanding heating systems
- You can control the device remotely and save and import settings using the software
- Automatic condition monitoring for circuits, sensors and controllers
- Long service life and durable housing classified for outdoor use
- No separate supply transformer required
Among other locations, BlackTrace can be found in mines, paper mills and chemical industry facilities – particularly in sites that process critical substances and utilise decentralised heating circuits.
- 1/2/3-phase control @ 50A
- 2 x Pt100 temperature sensor input
- Programmable I/O for alarms and special features
- ATEX-approved temperature limiter
- IP67 enclosure rating
- Proprietary user interface and backlit display
- 2 x bus card slot (Ethernet, Rs-485, ModBus, Profibus)
- Integrated cooling fin and automatic ventilation extend the life span
- BlackTrace units can distribute temperature information, which reduces the number of sensors required
Other products in the product family
BlueTrace – Single-circuit electric heating controller
MidiTrace – Smart electric heating controller for control panel installations